Stargazer in Parma ham with white bean casserole
- 1 x 150gms Stargazer fillets 2 large slices of Parma ham 6 sage leaves
- 1/2 carrot diced
- 1/2 celery stick diced 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tin cannelloni beans, drained
- 1 seeded, skinned finely diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon of Italian parsley, chopped 50mls dry white wine
- 50gms butter
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Leave the Stargazer to rest for 3 minutes once cooked then slice each in half diagonally for great presentation.
To prepare the Stargazer place on a board and top each piece with 3 leaves of sage. Spread out the Parma ham and wrap each fillet tightly. Place in the fridge.
For the casserole sweat off the celery, onion, carrot and garlic in a little olive oil until translucent and soft. Add the tomato, beans and white wine and simmer for two minutes.
Whisk in the butter and parsley and season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Meanwhile in a hot, oven proof pan, heat a little olive oil, seal the wrapped monkfish fillets in the pan then transfer to a pre-heated oven (200C). Cook for six minutes.
To serve spoon the casserole into two bowls and garnish with plenty of parsley, place the wrapped Stargazer on top