Turbot Thai style grilled turbot salad
- 400gms Skinned turbot fillets
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Small bunch of basil (remove the leaves from the stalks)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Small bunch of mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Small bunch of coriander
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 small cucumber (peeled, cut in half length ways then finely sliced)
- 1 chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 3 limes (2 for juicing and 1 to garnish)
- 100gms green beans
Set aside a tablespoon of the dressing and marinade the raw fish in it for 10 minutes prior to cooking to enhance the Thai flavours.
To make the dressing mix together the 4 tablespoons of olive oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, chilli, palm sugar and lime juice in a bowl. Add the cucumber, diced tomatoes and sliced onion and set aside.
Season the turbot fillets with salt and pepper. In a non stick frying pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the fillets for 2 minutes on either side (thicker fillets may take longer) remove and allow to rest.
Meanwhile bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the beans for 5 minutes, drain and add immediately to the other vegetables and dressing. Roughly chop the mint, basil and coriander and mix in the salad.
To serve pile the salad up high on two plates and top with the fish, garnish with lime wedges. For a more substantial meal serve with a bowl of steamed jasmine rice.