Due to an internal promotion, a rare, exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Coldstore / Warehouse team member to join our Talley’s Freight team based in Christchurch. If you have a can-do attitude and the capability to work efficiently alone then this is for you. Your main duties would include day to day operations of the Talley's Islington Coldstore ranging from managing stock, prepping loads, loading and unloading trucks and undertaking administrative tasks associated with these duties, as well as undertaking general hand duties around our two Talley's Christchurch sites.
Reporting directly to the Talley's Christchurch Hub Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years forklift experience along with a current OSH certificate and F endorsement
- Be capable in using warehouse software and scanners
- Be able to work unsupervised and complete duties on time while remaining focused on Health and Safety
- Be physically fit and comfortable working in a freezer environment (all the correct PPE gear will be provided)
- Ideally have a class 2, 4 or 5 driver's licence (although helpful, this is not a must)
- Be punctual, reliable, and responsible
- Be able to work weekends when required
- Be able to perform general cleaning duties associated with a coldstore / warehouse
We operate a drug free environment. All candidates will be required to under-go pre-employment and random drug screening.
In return we offer competitive rates, modern equipment, good hours of work and a great, busy working environment.
Applicants will need to be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.