Reporting to the Plant Manager and supported by the maintenance teams (mechanical, electrical, boiler and planning/admin), you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, expert engineering knowledge and experience to our site.
- Ensuring plant reliability & managing plant shutdown activity
- Managing contractors and improvement projects
- Managing factory energy and natural resources use i.e. steam, water, power and air
- Supporting department heads while creating a high performing, safety conscious, and motivated team
- Trouble shooting, root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- Budget control and parts management
The successful candidate will have:
- Staff management experience and the ability to communicate effectively with all staff
- Excellent record keeping and organisational abilities
- Ideally a Mechanical Engineering qualification and/or considerable experience in this field
- Experience with steam boiler operations and ideally hold relevant qualifications
- A good understanding of health and safety responsibilities and the ability to assist in creating high awareness and compliance with safe operating procedures
We will offer you a competitive salary, including a vehicle and an opportunity to develop your career within a leading NZ company.
Talley's operate a drug free environment. All candidates will be required to under-go pre-employment and random drug screening.
Applicants will need to be legally entitled to work permanently in New Zealand