- Join a 100% New Zealand owned company with an international reputation for quality
- Opportunities for growth with opportunities across multiple brands and locations
There’s a history of goodness at Talley’s. And we’re not just talking about our nutritious, delicious food.
We stand by the impeccable quality of our products and our growing team of skilled workers as we bring healthy, delicious food to dinner tables near and far.
What really sets us apart is the fact that all our products come directly from and are processed in New Zealand, and our people are fundamental to our success.
We’re proud to provide New Zealand’s best produce to the world.
About the role
We are looking for an Industrial Electrician to join the team at our Motueka site.
The overall purpose of the Maintenance Electrician is to ensure that all electrical equipment and systems are functioning optimally, efficiently, and safely. This includes installing, maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting electrical systems and equipment to minimize downtime and ensure that production processes are not interrupted.
As an Electrician you will be responsible for:
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical and instrumentation control systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with electrical equipment and systems
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents to identify and resolve issues
- Following safety protocols and, including lockout/tagout procedures and proper personal protective equipment
- Conduct regular inspections of electrical systems and equipment to identify potential problems before they occur
- Install and maintain lighting systems, including emergency lighting and exit signs, to ensure compliance with building codes and safety standards
Who are you?
You are a self-starter looking for a new adventure. You have a positive attitude, enjoy working hard and are honest, reliable, willing to learn, able to work unsupervised, prioritize work and work under pressure. You are highly organised and have strong attention to detail.
For this role you’ll need:
- EWRB registered and have a current practicing licence
- 2 + years of Industrial Electrical experience
- Strong knowledge of engineering practices, cleaning procedures, and maintenance practices
- Strong methodology in electrical fault finding and appropriate repairs
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations and practices.
- Computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, MS Teams
- Experience in CMMS, Instrumentation, and Automation is advantageous
Why choose Talley’s
With multiple brands and operations under Talley’s umbrella, there’s always opportunities available for growth and progression. And we offer real benefits and career opportunities with all the training you need to get going and keep growing.
But we also know life is about more than just a job, which is why we provide competitive pay and flexible options to help you find that elusive balance.
Start here and grow with us
With Talley’s, you get:
- Great working conditions
- Opportunities for performance-based pay
- Training provided
- Generous staff discounts
Ready to start?
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled
Is this role not the right fit for you? See our other openings at talleys.co.nz/careers.
Talley’s is a drug-free workplace. All candidates will be required to under-go pre-employment and random drug screening.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work permanently in New Zealand.