- Join a 100% New Zealand owned company with an international reputation for quality
- Opportunities for growth with opportunities across multiple brands and locations
There’s a history of goodness at Talley’s. And we’re not just talking about our nutritious, delicious food.
We stand by the impeccable quality of our products and our growing team of skilled workers as we bring healthy, delicious food to dinner tables near and far.
What really sets us apart is the fact that all our products come directly from and are processed in New Zealand, and our people are fundamental to our success.
We’re proud to provide New Zealand’s best produce to the world.
Not from Ashburton? We’ve got you covered with fully furnished staff accommodation available.
About the role
We are currently looking for Shift Engineers to join the team at our Ashburton plant, reporting to the Mechanical Lead.
The role works on a shift-based roster - 4 On 4 OFF (12-hour shifts) and is a full-time role (minimum of 30 hours guaranteed a week), 36-48 hours rostered each week, and with some overtime available regularly.
Hourly rate ranges from $37 - $48.50, based on your experience and qualification. You will be working Day/Night as directed, with a night shift allowance if working on Nights.
As a Shift Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day maintenance of the plant
- Reporting breakdown and preventative maintenance tasks through the UPKEEP system
- Ensuring the production downtime is kept minimal
- Maintaining all the documentation and records, both written and electronic
- Maintaining relationships with the internal and external stakeholders
- Keeping daily contact with Maintenance Planner and Mechanical Lead
- Following Health & Safety and Food Safety procedures
- Handing over the information to the next shift
- Keeping the workshop tidy
Who are you?
You are a self-starter looking for a new adventure. You have a positive attitude, enjoy working hard and are honest, reliable, and willing to learn.
For this role, you’ll need:
- To be a qualified trade person – Fitter, Welder, Mechanical, Fabricator, etc
Why choose Talley’s
With multiple operations within Talley’s, there’s always opportunities available for growth and progression. And we offer real benefits and career opportunities with all the training you need to get going and keep growing.
But we also know life is about more than just a job, which is why we provide competitive pay and flexible options to help you find that elusive balance.
Start here and grow with us
With Talley’s, you get:
- Great working conditions
- Training provided
- Staff accommodation options
- Generous staff discounts and perks
Ready to start?
If this sounds like a good fit for you, click the submit your resume and cover letter along with your application.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position are filled.
Is this role not the right fit for you? See our other openings at talleys.co.nz/careers.
Talley’s is a drug free workplace. All candidates will be required to under-go pre-employment and random drug screening.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work permanently in New Zealand.